Recently Egon Zehnder‘s global CEO Advisory Group completed a study („It starts with the CEO“) involving nearly 1,000 CEOs worldwide. Here are the three main outtakes:
1. „Complexity and rapid change are reshaping business.“
2. „CEOs recognize they must change themselves to change the world around them.“
3. „CEOs sense their goal is prosperity for the many — but most are far from achieving it.“
These three statements are thought-provoking. Especially because the prioritization of the management agenda (see below) has remained fairly constant over the past few years.
In CEO decision-making, financial metrics rank first.
1. Financial (e.g., profitability, TSR, share price, sales)
2. Growth (e.g., market share, M&A, geographic expansion)
3. Talent management (e.g., considerations linked to diversity, leadership capability)
4. Innovation (e.g., new technologies, % profit from new products, R&D budget)
5. Health and Safety (e.g., incident rates, % improvement, stress-related absence)
The study also indicates: „The most forward-looking leaders are looking beyond traditional markers of performance and putting increasing focus on game-changing innovation, longer-term growth, and broader stakeholder interests.“
Does that sound familiar to you?
Interim managers – if used correctly – can be a catalyst for critical projects. Experience, leadership skills, methodological know-how and the willingness to implement real changes – these characteristics make independent interim managers indispensable.
Create momentum for your change agenda.
As one of the market leaders in the DACH region, Management Angels stand for excellence in interim management for over 20 years. Let us talk. It starts with the CEO.
Download der Studie auf Egon Zehnder: https://www.egonzehnder.com/it-starts-with-the-ceo